16 winners of the 2020 IoT World Awards were selected from 600-plus nominees.
Winners of the second-annual IoT World Awards were announced on Wednesday, August 12, 2020, at the Internet of Things World conference. The awards series celebrates innovative individuals, teams, organizations and partnerships that advance IoT technologies, deployments and ecosystems.
This year, there were more than 600 nominations for the awards. Entrants spanned the Internet of Things ecosystem, from industrial IoT technology to edge computing and consumer offerings, as well as deployments in several industry sectors. More than 80 companies and individuals were selected as finalists before 16 winners were crowned.
A panel of judges from Omdia, Informa Tech and the industry chose the winners of the core awards based on the entries’ innovation, market traction and other factors. The panel evaluated nominations in January 2020, and the IoT World Awards shortlist was published in February 2020. Two leadership awards were also selected based on votes from almost 5,000 industry professionals.
IoT World Today and IoT World Series also introduced the COVID-19 Innovation Award, recognizing companies for their work in combating the novel coronavirus. This award was judged separately by a smaller panel in July 2020.
The complete list of winners of this year’s competition follows:
- Industrial IoT Solution: Zebra End-to-End Supply Chain Visibility
- Edge Computing Solution: FogHorn Lightning Edge AI Platform
- IoT Connectivity Solution: STMicroelectronics STM32WLE
- IoT Platform: Software AG Cumulocity IoT
- IoT Security Solution: Darktrace Enterprise Immune System
- Consumer IoT Solution: AWS IoT for Connected Home
- Manufacturing IoT Deployment: AGCO Component Manufacturing Using a digital execution system from Proceedix
- Energy IoT Deployment: Saudi Aramco’s camera-based Auto Well Space Out
- Healthcare IoT Deployment: En-route online point-of-care testing service for the London Ambulance Service
- Public Sector IoT Deployment: Libelium flexible sensor platform and Terralytix Edge Buoy
- Consumer IoT Deployment: Kinetic Secure by F-Secure, Windstream and Actiontec
- IoT Partnership of the Year: iBASIS Global Access for Things
- Startup of the Year: Latent AI: Latent AI Efficient Inference Platform
COVID-19 IoT Innovation Award
- Igor Nexos Intelligent Disinfection System
Enterprise Leader of the Year
- Deanna Kovar, vice president, production and precision agriculture production systems at John Deere
IoT Solutions Leader of the Year
- Aleksander Poniewierski, global IoT leader at EY